Here are 12 foods that fight against cancer....
1. Apples - have two kinds of cancer-inhibiting compounds: flavonoids and phenolic acid.
2. Nuts - a serving of nuts a day helps ward off death from both heart disease and cancer.
3. Beans and Lentils - scientists are investing soybeans as a possible treatment for prostate, lung and colorectal cancer.
4. Tea and Coffee - antioxidants in coffee seem to be effective against endometrial cancer. But make sure you let it cool a bit because very hot beverages may increase the risk of esophageal cancer.
5. Curry - studies have found that curcumin(the main ingredient) can fight against cancerous changes in healthy cells as well as slow the growth of malignant cells. Some evidence suggests it may also offer protection against brain tumors.
6. Tomatoes - with the antioxidant lycopene, it may block cancer by, among other things, stopping malignant cells from multiplying and by causing them to destroy themselves.
7. Garlic and Onions - the compounds that give garlic and onions their strong flavor appear to stave off cancer by neutralizing carcinogenic substances and speeding the repair of damaged DNA.
8. Milk - calcium in dairy products may neutralize potential carcinogens.
9. Broccoli - is packed with sulforaphane, a cancer-fighting substance so potent that researchers are testing it as a drug.
10. Dark, leafy greens - has the antioxidant called carotenoids, which studies have shown to inhibit the growth of a variety of cancer cells, including skin, lung, stomach and certain kinds of breast cancer.
11. Red grapes - are loaded with resveratrol, which inhibits cancer-cell growth and causes cancer cells to self-destruct.
12. Whole grains - are linked to lowering your risk of colorectal cancer.
So, my friends, if you eat these foods, you will help fight off cancer. Also if you enjoyed this article, you should check out my new ebook "38 Experienced Comfort Foods: A unique manual to health, wellness and healing" at www.smashwords.com or www.amazon.com. You can download 10% of the ebook at smashwords.com for free.